Monday, February 6, 2012

24 hours in Chambana.

This weekend I did something crazy. I packed my bags and drove over 100 miles on a Sunday just to see my fiance for 24 hours. And it was sooo worth it.


Despite the many, many things on our to-do lists, we managed to squeeze in a whole lot of quality time in one day. I got to AJ's apartment at 11:00am, and from there we made a trip to the laundromat just for fun. ;) We got to sit across from each other next to a row of noisy washing machines and do homework, which was way better than doing it alone in my dorm. After AJ's load was done, we (actually, AJ) made some delicious macaroni and cheese and some (not-so-delicious, to me) green beans. It's fun making something in his apartment, even if it is cheap and easy. But really, how do you top homemade sushi? (We did that last fall, raw fish and everything. It was mildly scary at first but ended up being delicious.)


After lunch we opened up our laptops and binders again for more homework time with HGTV on in the background. Of course, sitting next to your fiance and doing research is pretty distracting, so we ended up snuggling and enjoying some quality house hunting shows. We had some make-your-own stir fry at Flat Top and tea afterwards at Espresso Royale, one of U of I's many coffee shops. We came back and watched a show called "Life" about kammodo dragons (sp?) and then went to bed early-ish because AJ had PT in the morning.


Monday morning I got to wake up and see my wonderful fiance after Army training. I helped make a quick breakfast at his apartment and then we had to part ways, but only for three full days. A short trip, but packed with fun and good memories. Now I can start my week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment