Monday, December 31, 2012

The year in review.

Needless to say, 2012 was a big year for AJ and me. We...

Went to Haiti for a week (me)

Got engaged at the Garfield Park Conservatory

Found out AJ's BOLC date and duty station

Decided to get married more than a year sooner than we had planned

Planned a wedding in 2.5 months

Graduated from UIUC with a degree in kinesiology (AJ)

Commissioned as a 2LT in the U.S. Army (AJ)

Got married

Went on a honeymoon to the East Coast

Moved to Fort Lee, Virginia for BOLC

Explored Virginia for a summer and lived in our first place courtesy of the Army

Drove back to Illinois for senior year of college (me)

Moved to Fort Bliss, Texas (AJ)

Found out AJ would not be in Afghanistan before Christmas, contrary to what we were told

Finished exams early and had a thyroidectomy (me)

Celebrated our first married Christmas together

Visited Fort Bliss for the first time (me)

2013 holds some continued excitement and uncertainty for us. I'll start the year in Ecuador, completing my field placement. I'll graduate college and move to a completely new part of the country soon after, not knowing how I'll start my career here. We're both finding our way in the world without living near our families and friends. We need to find a place in El Paso where we feel at home. And of course, when you're in the Army you just never know what's going to happen to you next. I'll keep you posted on all that, and until then, here are a few pictures...











No comments:

Post a Comment