Friday, June 28, 2013

A peek into our kitchen.

Since AJ and I have been living together again I've really enjoyed having more time to think about what we're eating. I'm trying to keep us eating healthy for the most part, but I can always use more ideas so I don't get stuck in the same recipes. One meal I've discovered has become one of our favorites, and it's a new entree for me: salmon. Prior to moving here I had never really eaten salmon, much less cooked it, but after all the crazy things I ate in Ecuador I thought I'd give it a shot. I did, and now it's one of our favorite meals! And it's easy, which is the most important thing for me. :)

Baked Salmon

2 cloves minced garlic
6 T olive oil
1 t. dried basil
1 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1 T lemon juice
2 salmon fillets

Marinade for one hour. Place on cookie sheet and wrap in foil, back at 350 for 35 minutes or until flaky.

Asparagus

2 T olive oil
1/2 lb. asparagus
3 T lemon juice
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese

Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir asparagus in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in lemon juice and cook just a little longer. Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

I serve these two things with some rice and a squeeze of lime juice on top. AJ also likes to pour the extra marinade over his rice. So that's it! We love this and hope you do too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment